If you’re an avid zombie fan like myself you will love the thrill-packed iOS game Into the Dead 2. Journey through the zombie apocalypse in a race to save your family.
Arm yourself with an arsenal of powerful weapons and do whatever it takes to survive.
Maim, mow down, and massacre the Dead – anything to keep moving! In a world where no one is safe, how far will you go to make it out alive?
Are you excited already? Run for your life unless you want to be eaten by flesh-craving zombies. If you’re one of the 70 million people who’ve downloaded Into the Dead you’ll already know that PikPok’s tense running game is about dodging anything that will slow you down, including the zombies.
Some features included in Into the Dead 2 are:
- Evolving story and multiple endings – complete 7 action-packed chapters, 60 stages, and hundreds of challenges
- Powerful weapons and ammo perks – unlock and upgrade melee weapons, firearms, explosives, and more!
- Varied gameplay – fire from military gun emplacements, slay the hordes from atop vehicles, stab them to stay alive, or risk going after them on foot.
- Multiple, immersive environments – discover different locations, from oil fields and military bases to campsites and rural farm communities.
- Ever-increasing zombie threats – adapt your tactics to annihilate different hordes, including armored and running zombies!
- Daily and special event modes – prove your skills to win exclusive prizes
- Loyal canine companions – fend off zombies and stay protected in the field
Viewed through the eyes of the lead character, you’ll dash through misty gray fields and bleak deserted towns in your bid for survival.
Check out Into the Dead 2’s bad ass trailer
With this sequel, New Zealand developer PikPok has evolved this hugely successful formula: it’s no longer an infinite runner, now it’s broken into stages interspersed with a new storyline to sink your teeth into.
The dialogue is all voiced by actors who sound like they’ve been drafted in from The Walking Dead.
You play as James, an unfortunate chap who has strayed too far from the safety of his home and ended up crashing his car, right in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.
Dash past the shambling ex-humans in each stage and you’re rewarded with a snippet of the storyline and some new toys to play with.
Weapons play a much larger role here than in the original game. And they come in all shapes and sizes. You can specify level load-outs and ammunition, swap guns while running, toss grenades or stab at the undead with knives as a last resort.
You’ll also be able to use vehicle-mounted guns to inflict all kinds of gruesome damage. The zombies are rendered in very high detail and look great even at high running speeds.
Into the Dead 2 is the culmination of two years’ work for PikPok, and it shows. The visuals and sound are top notch (scored 9 points out of 10) and the stage based passages of play are as exhilarating as ever.
It’s certainly not for the faint-hearted, but for those able to stomach a few squelchy, wince-inducing deaths along the way, Into the Dead 2 is one of the most atmospheric and thrilling survival games on the App Store.
If you enjoy a zombie game on mobile and want the next level thrills and graphics then Into the Dead 2 is perfect for you.
Download Into the Dead 2 from the AppStore.